3M™ Laser Markable Label Material 7848 are speciality film label materials where a laser can ablate the top layer of a dual-layer facestock to create an image. The same laser can also kiss cut the label to size, maximizing flexibility for producing variable labels for durable applications.
These products are designed to provide excellent adhesion to high and low surface energy plastics, metals, painted metals and powder coatings. They provide excellent chemical and environmental resistance. Two-layered film construction provides long-term performance
- Productivity – Same laser that creates a high resolution, high contrast image kiss-cuts the label to size
- Reliability – 3M automotive-grade acrylic adhesive keeps the label in place with long-term strength even on LSE plastics, oily metals, powder coatings, and textures
- Suitable for labelling many painted surfaces including CARC
- Tamper-indicating – acrylate film fractures and leaves tell-tale fragments if removed
- Functionally stable over a wide temperature range
- Lower effluent for cleaner engraving process
For applications requiring longer durability over the life of a labeled item, 3M™ Laser Markable Label Materials provide multiple production and performance benefits.