PORON Microcellular Urethanes for Industrial Applications
PORON Microcellular Urethane foams offer a broad range of design solutions for gasketing, sealing and energy absorption. Low compression set and low outgassing features make these foams ideal for applications in communications, automotive, electronic, and other industrial devices.
PORON urethanes are flexible, high density, microcellular products that offer design engineers many outstanding features. PORON products maintain excellent resistance to compression set (collapse), exhibit high resiliency, good vibration damping and impact absorption. Parts made from PORON urethanes continue to perform after constant and repeated deflection. Components will not loosen, and gasketing integrity will be maintained.
Through a unique manufacturing process, PORON cellular urethanes can be cast to tight tolerances and in precise variations of firmness and internal strength. These materials are supplied in thickness from 0.012” to 0.500” (0.43mm to 12.7mm) and are easily die cut and fabricated to shape. Many PORON urethanes are conformable and thin for space constrained applications.
KEY FEATURES / BENEFITS
- Excellent compression set resistance which enables durable, long-term performance for gasketing, sealing, and cushioning.
- Low-outgassing and non-fogging, containing no plasticizers or residual chemicals to contaminate the device. The material will not become brittle and crumble and is non-corrosive to metal.
- Inherently flame retardant without the use of additives. Many of the materials meet flammability requirements of UL HBF and MVSS 302.
- Engineered urethane formulations offering a wide modulus range - 2-90 psi @ 25% deflection - for more design versatility requirements.
- Excellent performance over broad temperature range (-40℃ to 90℃).
- Good chemical resistance.
- Easy to fabricate, die-cuts cleanly, and readily accepts adhesive without surface preparation.
- Available in a variety of colors.
Data Sheet: PORON-4701-30-Very-Soft
Data Sheet: PORON-4701-40-Soft
Data Sheet: PORON-4701-60-Very-Firm
Data Sheet: PORON-AquaPro-Data-Sheet
BISCO® Silicone Foams
BISCO® silicone foams provide exceptional compression set resistance and shock and vibration protection.
BISCO® HT-840 is a very firm grade silicone foam that offers the enhanced sealing capabilities of a sponge rubber.
It is used to seal and protect various outdoor communication, lighting, and electronic enclosures from small dust particles, wind-driven rain, and fire.
- It offers a higher tear and tensile strength than our lighter grade foams.